Homeopathic Treatment for Anxiety Natural Options and Remedies
These days we are so quick to take a prescription and sometime we overlook that there can be a homeopathic treatment for anxiety.
Anxiety is a state that involves the mind and the body. It affects the nervous system, the emotions, cognition and behavior of a person. The feelings that can describe anxiety would be dread, fear, worry and restlessness. It is normal for a person to experience anxiety when faced with a stressor. This is particularly true when we are talking about children with social anxiety.
When there is too much anxiety in a person’s life, particularly if it already affects his or her normal daily activities, then it will be classified as a disorder. What determine normal anxiety from abnormal anxiety would be the intensity as well as the reason for it.
Abnormal anxiety is unhealthy and needs to be treated. There are many options available that can help the person be treated of abnormal anxiety and one common way is the homeopathic treatment for anxiety.
Homeopathy is a type of alternative medicine which makes use of highly diluted specific mixtures that many believe to have healthy effects on people with a certain combination of symptoms. Homeopathic treatment for anxiety may or may not produce effects, because collective results after homeopathic treatment for anxiety widely vary. Here are some remedies:
- Ign or Ignatia amara
- This is a remedy that is said to be best for a sensitive person who experiences anxiety due to disappointment, loneliness, grief and loss. This is focused primarily on emotional stress.
- The symptoms that the person exhibits are: sadness, sensitive skin towards drafts, becoming thirsty during chills, the feeling of having a lump in his throat, vomiting, tearfulness, and headaches that are concentrated in one point at the side of the head, and insomnia.
- Lyc or Lycopodium
- This remedy is for those who put up a false front. Some people often pretend to be someone else and detach themselves from who they truly are. They actually lack self confidence and are very self-conscious. They are easily intimidated by others and have an extreme fear against failure.
- Symptoms usually are: easily irritated especially right after waking up, a loner, easily breaks down when under stress, tends to bully, claustrophobic, diarrhea or constipation, tends to shake head for no particular reason, contorts face for no reason, and experiences sour belching.
- Nat mur or Natrum muriaticum
- This remedy is for those who are detached, but also wish to be of help to others. They are self protective and shy, reserved, and private. They are sensitive, easily hurt and offended, and they tend to bear grudges. They have an extreme fear of intruders especially at night, and they often have migraines and experience insomnia.
- The symptoms usually are: vomiting, pain experienced around the eyes, angry when isolated, depression, dry tongue and mucous membranes, claustrophobia, is irritated if consoled, and cravings for salty and dry food.
- The person who feels anxiety is normally imaginative, excitable, kind, but full of intense and vivid fears. Almost anything causes them to become anxious. They desire for plenty of company and wish to be given a lot of reassurance.
- The symptoms for those who need this homeopathic treatment for anxiety are: night sweats, thirsty for cold drinks but vomits them out, extreme fearfulness and weakness, a tightening of the chest, burning pain that is in between the shoulder blades, the stomach and the abdomen, feelings of being nauseous and weak.
Remember that children may be more sensitive to a homeopathic treatment for anxiety and you should always consult your pediatrician before giving your children any types of treatment.